When to Sow: Indoors: year round – Outdoors: April
When to Harvest: Regularly
How to Sow:
- Early sowings under glass into pots or trays of sowing compost in a frost free location. Lightly cover seeds with a sprinkling of compost.
- Alternatively sow seeds from April thinly along rows 1.5cm (0.5”) deep and 30 cm (12”) apart directly into the soil.
- Prick out sowings made under glass into pots or module trays and grow on until ready to harden of.
- Plant out into the vegetable plot 30cm (12”) apart between the plants and rows.
- When large enough thin seedlings sown outside to 30cm (12”) apart.
- Transplant thinnings into other rows. Water well during hot dry spells.
- Pick outer leaves regularly for continued growth.