Incredible Pumpkin Curry
- 1 White Onion chopped
- 600 g Pumpkin cubed / chunked
- 400 ml Vegetable Stock
- 4 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 5 cm Fresh Ginger grated
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 4 tsp Medium curry powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Substitute For Fresh Chillies to Personal Taste
- 2 cans 2 x Cans Chickpeas Drained and Rinsed
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 400 g Pumpkin Boiled, Drained and Mashed
- Handful of Coriander roughly chopped
- Add the onion, cubed pumpkin and some of the stock to a large saucepan.
- Cover and Cook on a med/low heat for 10mins until the onion is soft.
- Turn up the heat to medium/high and add the garlic, ginger and spices to the pan, cooking off for a minute or so, stirring frequently.
- Add chickpeas, coconut milk, the remaining vegetable stock, pumpkin puree and tomato puree and stir well.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15mins, or until the chunks of pumpkin are soft and the sauce is thickened nicely
- Season to taste and add your chopped coriander
This recipe would also work great with lentils if you preferred. Likewise, if you have some veggies that need eating, chuck some in.
By our Incredible volunteer Phil Barrett