When to Sow: January / February or September / October (see How to..)
When to Harvest: 18-24 weeks after sowing
How to Sow:
- Sow Jan/Feb in a propagator on a windowsill or in a frost-free greenhouse.
- Cover seeds with 6mm (1/4”) sieved compost.
- Germination is approximately 7-12 days.
- Transplant seedlings into 75mm (3”) pots, grow on and plant in cultivated soil 50-60cm (20-24”) apart each way.
- May be sown September/October and over-wintered in a cold frame for eventual planting outside.
- Plant firmly.
- Sowing to cropping is 18-24 weeks.